i have 6 in my wrist (i had broken it and had 2 pins inserted in my bone and then taken out). they are in 2 groups off 3, one being on top, and the other being on the side. it kind of looks like my doctor had just threaded one at a time and then knotted at the end? not sure. but does it hurt !?

I had to get stitches two days ago and so I asked the same question. All the answers said no, it doesn't hurt. Thank God. I know it hurt getting them in. The numbing shot hurt anyway.

the actual removal doesn't hurt at all. what can hurt is if the stitch is a bit sort of embedded and needs to be raised in order to get the scissors underneath to cut it but even so i am not sure if that is only in the mind.
i personally think the anticipation is worse that the removal.

No it doesn't hurt, I have had stitches a few times and the only time it hurt was when I broke my nose and they had to remove the stitches from the inside of my nose, and even then it didn't hurt that bad- you'll be fine (=

Agreed, you may feel a itching or slight tugging sensation. But not much pain, surely not as much as they hurt going in!

0 comments