I'm on a 1,500 calorie diet. Im consuming 150 grams of protein a day. I find it very difficult to consume more protein than this.
Am I going to lose muscle?
male 245 lbs 5'11 32 years old

the answer comes in how much exercise you do and how often you eat. your body begins to use up your lean muscle as food after you have not eaten for more than 6 hours.
It is more important that you eat smaller meals more often. I lost weight doing this and it is a good change.
eat five 200 calorie meals a day and one 500 calorie meal to hit your amount.

you could eat 1500cals in protein and you will still lose muscle mass.
if you eat less calories than you body needs to maintain weight then those calories will be used to fuel the body the same way carbs or fat would be used.
so yes you are going to lose muscle. the only way to limit the amount of muscle you lose is to stimulate the muscle enough that a signal is sent to the brain to conserve muscle at all cost or if you lose weight very slowly(a lb. or less a week.)
i lost 30lbs and 7lbs of it was muscle and i knew what i was doing.
if a person doesn't know what they are doing then they will lose 50% or more in muscle when they diet.

No not at all just make sure you do regular exercise, if you take protein shakes maybe you could increase the amount you consume, but i really doubt your body uses lean muscle for food after 6 hours (lol) what is this a joke? the first thing your body uses for food are sugars (couple of hours 0-15 hrs) later it begins to eat the fat of the body (15-2 days estimatedly) then it works on muscle (around 2-4 days) then comes the organs (last days)

I doubt it, but I'm not a dietitian. Are you using whey protien powder? If not, I'd recommend it. After working out it's always perfect to drink a protein shake.
I've had a nutrition class before, and I think that you'll be fine. Just to be sure, I would use whey protein powder (an entire scoop usually has 52grams) and start lifting more. May I recomend P90X? My whole family has done their extreme home workout and it is killer and it gave me a lot more muscle.

0 comments