Im almost 32 and afraid to smile.?

Since my wisdom teeth grew in early 20's my bottom teeth have grown all wonky.
This has become a real problem.. im now embarrassed to smile or even talk to people face to face.
I haven't been to a dentist in a long time (late teens) I need to know if i can get braces? Or is there some other solution? Would someone maybe also tell me how much braces would cost me on the NHS
oh and how do i register with a dentist?

I dont think you will be too old for them because i have friends with parents that wear them, however because you are obviously over the age of 16 you will not get them free, depending on where you live etc.
To register to your local dentist just pop in and tell them and they should give you a form to fill out.
Hope this helps

Look up ''invisalign'' on the internet.
Its like a clear brace that noone will see.
Im not sure if you will be able to get braces on the NHS because of your age - you may have to go private.
To register with a Dentist - just go and speak to a receptionist in your local dentist and ask to register with them.

You should of sorted it before now.. But if you get ur self into a Dentist they will probley try and get you into orthodontics, That what they did with me BUT, I went to get my teeth sorted when i was 18 im 24 now and they still haven't been done, Im just waiting for some teeth to be removed before i can have the braces! Anyway if you get put on a NHS waiting list it will be free and doesn't cost you anything! (",) hope i made a little bit of sense lol

No, you are not too old for braces as you can get braces at any age. However, they will be very expensive even on the NHS so I wouldn't recommend getting them unless you really want them. Most people have braces when they are in their teens because braces are free on the NHS if you are under 16.
To register with a dentist you could try ringing the dentists in your area and simply ask if you could register with them.

I worked in a orthodontist for a day or so for work experience. You wouldn't believe the number of older people who get braces. Don't be afraid to get them! The only reason why it's a little hesitant is because it's better for you to get braces when you're young and your teeth are more easily mould-able. When you're older, all it would do is hurt a fraction more. But it's worth it for that awesome smile.
I know my orthodontist does a number of different braces, if you want to hide them you can get braces in the inside of your teeth set so they're not noticeable or you could get invisalign. Which are basically plastic retainers that you wear and it looks like you've got nothing on. Ask your orthodontist for more information.
BTW, you need to see your dentist at least annually in case you don't form any mouth diseases or anything of the sort.

I don't think you're too old, if you want to have a nice smile, then get braces. As you're over 16, I'm pretty sure you will have to pay a lot, unless you recieve benefits of some sort. I got my braces off when I was 16, and I love my teeth =D I don't think it's ever too late. Someone i know is 40 and they have just got braces. They refused to get them when they were a teenager and now realise that they just want nice teeh

depending on how turned they are, you can look into invisiline. if they are turned allot, you will need braces and may need to have some teeth removed for them to get straight, and like most have said- never to late- as far as dentist- walk in or call-

My friend had braces when she was 30 and her teeth look fabulous now. You are never too old.
You will need to register with a dentist (try to find an NHS one as even if you are not entitled to free NHS treatment they are cheaper than private plans). You may need to pay some or all of the treatment but it will be well worth it.
The cost would depend on what would need doing and for how long so the only way you will know is by visiting the dentist for a quote.
Find your local dentist at the link below and give them a call!

Im 28 i have the same kind of problem,im too old for nhs treatment.i can only get private treatment but it costs an arm and a leg.I was quoted 4 grand in total to get invisalign braces and i must pay £1,300 first payment to get them done,which is a joke! They dont care about how you feel and how much your suffering if you dont have that kind of money to just dish out you have to suffer.Dont be affraid to smile at anybody if they insult you then they are just insulting themselves.I understand the psychological damage it causes esspecialy when people are so ignorant and judgemental.

0 comments