what should i do? he is always irritated and takes it out on me .he has his own business. he makes furniture and is extremely good at it.the problem is for the past 2 weeks has been edgy all the time and thats taking its toll on me. what am i supposed to do?

That 110 number is horrible. My 2nd number was 90-100 and I went on meds to get it to 70-80. He's a walking heart attack. And if I miss my pills, my mood gets worse, too. Tell him you want him to live to see his grandkids, etc. Some cliche. It should work.

Men can be so stubborn about this!
First off don't nag him about it- it will make it worse. Is there a friend/ minister/ family member you can get to help with this?
You can't force someone to take a pill, but find out why he refused to take it. Is it rumors about side effects of the pill (some do cause impotence) or something else? I have found that making a person understand the side effects of high blood pressure sometimes helps.
I would also approach the life insurance issue - if he dies who will take care of the kids - not trying to scare you.
If all else fails, make a bargain with him: If you try working with a doctor for one month I am willing to do ____ (be reasonable).
If you work and have access to EAP counseling please do that - you would be surprised how much it can help! Other counseling could help you too - sometimes there are sneaky ways to help someone who isn't wanting help now.
Good luck

Hi Cool
There is not much you can do for him but you can make him realise what he is getting him into if he doesn't get his blood pressure checked out.
You could use the blackmail tactics of what might happen to people he will leave behind and how these people might think.
I hope this helps.

Approach him with genuine concern... but do your homework first on high blood pressure and it's risks. Lay it all out for him in black and white. Let him know that he has a doctor's appointment next Tuesday (for example) and tell him that you would really like to see him get some help.

0 comments